Monday 1 December 2008

Sniffing 1 - Litter

I Love Leamington Spa, it's a pretty town with nice buildings and very friendly people but there is a slightly dark side.

As you can well imagine I spend most of my time with my nose to the ground having a good sniff around to see which other dogs have been about leaving their marks so I notice a lot of stuff and it always amazes me what I find and all I can say is that some humans are quite disgusting.

Despite there being lots of bins, I know I mark them, people drop all sorts of litter especially food wrappers, bottles and cans. My master goes spare because I like to pick it up, especially the meaty stuff, and eating it gives me a bad tummy. Chicken bones are best because they send my master crazy trying to get them out of my mouth.

There is a pattern of food from the doors of the takeaways, first findings are chillis and pickles, don't like these much, then there is salad stuff like Tomatoes and Lettuce, OK but pretty tasteless, then the meat and bones, much better! Almost immediately after are the wrappings, worth a niff and a lick.

What is good are the people who park their cars up near the top of town and throw the rubbish out of their window, all the bits are together so as long as I don't grab chilli it's easy pickings.
Or in summer the people who have lunch sitting in the top park, they just get up and leave their rubbish even though they have to walk past a bin to get out of the park.

It surprises me that humans have so little respect for themselves and their environment, but what do I know I'm only a dog.

1 comment:

Ben said...

there's a picture of you on http://www.flickr.com/photos/stillben

you're so hot!