Saturday 12 September 2009

Great idea for a scam

Sorry I didn't post in August but there was very little to inspire me, however the resting of my brain cells gave me time to think up a great scam, I tell you what it is but you must promise not to tell anyone.
OK, so this is how it works;
Set up a small business and find a product that normally sells about £60.00, now here comes the clever bit, advertise it at £1.00 and sell the first 10 at this price gradually raising the price as they sell eventually selling the last few at around £200.00, sounds great now here it gets even better.
When people come into buy the pieces they are all charged extra for the space the the product uses in the shop and the taxes for the business, say £20.00 each piece, then we could, say, tell everyone they can only pay by credit card and there is a charge for that of £5.00, I know CC charges are really only about .60p but this part of the good bit.
Now if the customer would like a bag and someone to get the product from the stock room they could be charged £8.50 and if heaven help us they would like service at a counter the charge is £20.00 without smile, with grudging smile £25.00.
So far so good but to make it really interesting the customer must come at least an hour before the product is ready and if they are a micro second late they can forfeit the product and their money.
While they wait for their purchase we could charge them to sit, oh say £6.00 and if they want a drink or some stale sandwiches that would be £8.00.
So to recap instead of selling each product for a simple £60.00 we can charge basically anything we want and still advertise everything for a pound, I know it sounds implausible and wouldn't work, I'm sure if I tried the office of fair trading would jump on me as it is probably illegal and no-one would fall for the trick, shame really I'd even got a name ready for the company, Brianhair, catchy huh?
Anyway what do I know I'm only a dog!

1 comment:

briarlow said...

Think someone has been looking at flight bookings LOL, I know my mum Diane has!

Thought I would mention it but I won Best in Show at the Spanish Water Dog Club a couple of weeks ago.

Love Calida